Assistive Technology for Students who are Blind/Visually Impaired Webinar
This webinar is a collaboration between Kilkenny Education Centre, Cork Education Support Centre, Waterford Education Support Centre, West Cork Education Support Centre, Wexford Education Support Centre and University College Cork (UCC).
This webinar is suitable for Primary and Post Primary teachers and Special Needs Assistants (SNAs).
What will I learn on this webinar?
- What is Assistive Technology (AT),
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology,
- About resources for students to learn or improve touch-typing skills,
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you talk, it types what you say and on free alternatives,
- About free screen magnification and alteration options for the iPad and Windows,
- About magnification options for magnifying electronic and hard copies of text (including Zoomtext, Optiverso, Eclipse, Liberty Scholar),
- About a variety of scanning, OCR, typing and other useful apps,
- About screen reading software (including JAWS and VoiceOver) and text to speech software,
- How to get access to alternative learning materials and texts (electronic, audio, large print, Braille), and
- About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route).
|Course date||23-11-2023 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||23-11-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||23-11-2023 9:00 am|
|Speaker||Deirdre Madden, Assistive Technology Outreach Co-Ordinator, UCC Disability Support Service|
|Location||Online (via Zoom)|