Kilkenny Education Centre Autumn Courses Programme 2021
Kilkenny Education Centre Primary, Post Primary and PDSTTiE Autumn Courses 2021
Kilkenny Education Centre’s Primary, Post Primary and PDST Technology in Education (PDSTTiE) Autumn Courses 2021 programme is live on our website, under the 'CPD' tab! Booking for all upcoming webinars is essential and online only so be sure to book your place/s early to avoid disappointment! The Centre will continue to add to this range of supports in the coming months so be sure to check in with our website regularly. The Professional Learning Opportunities we offer cater for Principals, Management, Teachers, SNAs, School Secretaries and Parents/Guardians.
Kilkenny Education Centre Special Educational Needs (SEN) Support Webinars Suite
The Centre's Special Educational Needs (SEN) Support Webinars Suite continues this Autumn 2021 with the following two webinars, in collaboration with the Cara Centre;
- Cara Centre - Sport Inclusion and Disability Awareness Webinar - Thursday 30th September 2021, 6p.m.
- Cara Centre - Autism in Sport Webinar - Thursday 7th October 2021, 6p.m.
These webinars are open to Sports Leaders, Coaches, Volunteers, Teachers, Principals, Special Needs Assistants (SNAs), Parents/Guardians and any individual who has an interest in making their sport accessible and inclusive for people with Autism.
ESCI and Study and Careers 'Inspiring Ireland, Inspiring Students'
ESCI, in collaboration with Study and Careers Director, Dr. Fidelma Healy Eames, is pleased to announce the next live interview in the #InspiringIreland #InspiringStudents series will be with An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin. This interview will be live-streamed into Primary and Post Primary classrooms on Monday 13th September 2021 at 12p.m.. Further details, and registration, can be found here.
ESCI and BFireSafe@School New Fire Safety Education Programme Online Teacher Workshops
BFireSafe@School is a new International Fire Safety Programme for Post Primary Schools, designed by an Irish education team and linked to the Irish curriculum. CPD will be provided through the delivery of two separate online workshops in September 2021, in partnership with ESCI. Further details, and registration, can be found here.
ESCI South Region Is Múinteoir Mé Partnership Webinars
Kilkenny Education Centre has partnered with Cork Education Support Centre, West Cork Education Centre, Co. Wexford Education Centre and Waterford Teachers' Centre to deliver the following Is Múinteoir Mé webinars over the coming months;
- Is Múinteoir Mé Webinar #1 - Pleanáil an Mhúinteora - Wednesday 15th September 2021, 7p.m.
- Is Múinteoir Mé Webinar #2 - Ag Labhairt Faoi Léitheoireacht - Wednesday 13th October 2021, 7p.m.
- Is Múinteoir Mé Webinar #3 - Feasach Fóineolaíoch, Fóinéimí agus Fónaic - Wednesday 17th November 2021, 7p.m.
- Is Múinteoir Mé Webinar #4 - Ag Smaoineamh Faoi Scríbhneoireacht - Thursday 9th December 2021, 7p.m.
The ESCI South Region have also partnered to deliver the following webinar;
- European Schools Sports Day Webinar, Wednesday 15th September 2021, 7p.m.
English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series
Kilkenny Education Centre, in partnership with Clare Education Centre, Laois Education Centre, Limerick Education Centre and the English Language Support Teachers' Association of Ireland (ELSTA), will deliver the following six webinars as part of the English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series;
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #1 - Teaching the EAL Learners in Your Class - Wednesday 29th September 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #2 - EAL Learners - Beyond Linguistic Needs - Wednesday 6th October 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #3 - Team-Teaching, In-Class Support Models and Differentiation for When You Have EAL Students in Your Class - Wednesday 13th October 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #4 - Communicating with EAL Learners and Families - Wednesday 20th October 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #5 - Panel Discussion: How Best Can we Support the Learners in our Classrooms for Whom English is an Additional Language? - Wednesday 3rd November 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Webinar Series Webinar #6 - EAL Learners, Direct Provision and the International Protection Accommodation System - Thursday 18th November 2021, 7 - 8p.m.
ESCI Region 3 and Schools Procurement Unit Online Workshop
Education Support Centres Ireland (ESCI) Region 3 and the Schools Procurement Unit will deliver an Online Procurement Workshop for Schools on Monday 4th October 2021 at 5p.m., suitable for Primary and Post Primary schools.