Upskilling Opportunities for Registered Post Primary Teachers to Teach Mathematics, Physics and Spanish
The Minister for Education, Norma Foley T.D., and the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, Simon Harris T.D., have announced the launch of a new initiative that will see three new education programmes to upskill registered Post Primary teachers to teach Mathematics, Physics and Spanish.
- To view the joint press release by the Ministers please click here.
- To view the Press Release by the Higher Education Authority please click here.
Three Level 8 programmes have been selected for funding, as follows;
- Professional Diploma for Teaching Physics, DCU (lead institution), UL and NUIG
- Higher Diploma in Spanish for Teaching (Post-Primary), UCC
- Professional Diploma in Mathematics for Teaching, UL (lead institution), NUIG, DCU, TUD, CIT, LYIT and WIT
The application processes will open shortly and applications should be made directly to the appropriate HEI. Further information on the programmes and the application processes, including closing dates for applications, are available below.