CESI•CS A Community of Practice for Educators Interested in Teaching Computing Meetings
Why should you attend?
These meetings will give participants a chance to address personal needs, build relationships with other local stakeholders and discuss issues relating to the development and practice of computing in education. At meetings, which will take place on Monday 4th February and Tuesday 26th March 2019 from 7 - 9p.m., participants will begin by catching up, then negotiating activities to collaborate on, and finally forming groups to work on those activities.
Activities in the meeting are to address PARTICIPANT needs in practice and might include:
● EVALUATING resources to contribute or curate the CompSci database,
● IMPROVING knowledge of a new programming language,
● EXPLORING data structures or queries,
● MAKING artefacts driven by micro-controllers,
● DISCUSSING student misconceptions about a particular curriculum topic,
● SHARING assessment techniques both formative and summative, and/or
● DESIGNING a lesson and evaluate its effectiveness by joining in a lesson study group.
|Course date||04-02-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||26-03-2019 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||26-03-2019 7:00 pm|
|Speaker||Dr. Richard Millwood|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|