Junior Cycle for Teachers (JCT) - JCT STE(A)M Sustainability
This workshop, delivered by SEAI on the topic of Sustainability, is part of the JCT STE(A)M initiative.
Learn about the meaning of sustainability and how small, individual choices we make daily can affect the sustainability of the energy resources we use:
- Science EaS7: Illustrate how earth processes and human factors influence the Earth's climate, evaluate effects of climate change and initiatives that attempt to address those effects,
- Science CW10: Evaluate how humans contribute to sustainability through the extraction, use, disposal, and recycling of materials,
- Home Economics 2.7: Identify how individuals, families and households can contribute to sustainable and responsible living,
- Home Economics: 1.15 Investigate the impact of their food choices from an ecological and ethical perspective,
- Geography: 2.6 Examine the causes and implications of climate change, and
- Maths: U.7 make sense of a given problem, and if necessary, mathematise a situation.
|Course date||03-10-2019 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||03-10-2019 7:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-10-2019 5:00 pm|
|Speaker||Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|