Assistive Technology for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing Webinar
This webinar is a collaboration between Kilkenny Education Centre, Cork Education Support Centre, Waterford Education Support Centre, West Cork Education Support Centre, Wexford Education Support Centre and University College Cork (UCC).
This webinar is suitable for Primary and Post Primary teachers and Special Needs Assistants (SNAs).
What will I learn on this webinar?
- What is Assistive Technology (AT),
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology,
- How to use literacy support software for students with language difficulties,
- About thesaurus, vocabulary lists, picture dictionaries and other tools to enhance vocabulary,
- About using mindmaps for more visual student to: plan their written work – essays, projects etc., make their notes, study and revise, and teach these students with more visual materials,
- About features in iPads and on Windows to support need of students who are deaf/hard of hearing
- About students using assisted listening systems in the classroom and tips for teachers/SNAs on same, and
- About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route).
|Course date||09-11-2023 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||09-11-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||09-11-2023 9:00 am|
|Speaker||Deirdre Madden, Assistive Technology Outreach Co-Ordinator, UCC Disability Support Service|
|Location||Online (via Zoom)|