Assistive Technology for Students with Physical Difficulties Webinar
This webinar is a collaboration between Kilkenny Education Centre, Cork Education Support Centre, Waterford Education Support Centre, West Cork Education Support Centre, Wexford Education Support Centre and University College Cork (UCC).
This webinar is suitable for Primary and Post Primary teachers and Special Needs Assistants (SNAs).
What will I learn on this webinar?
- What is Assistive Technology (AT),
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology,
- About touch-typing resources for different hand functions and alternative keyboard and mouse control,
- About free adjustments that can be made to iPad and Windows to suit different physical abilities,
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you speak and it types what you say,
- About free reading features/programs on the iPad and for Windows,
- How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts to lighten the school bag and to improve access to the texts,
- About a variety of alternative text input options, and
- About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route).
|Course date||12-10-2023 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||12-10-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||11-10-2023 12:00 pm|
|Speaker||Deirdre Madden, Assistive Technology Outreach Co-Ordinator, UCC Disability Support Service|
|Location||Online (via Zoom)|