Maximising Your Role as an SNA in Mainstream Primary and Post Primary Schools Webinar
This webinar is a collaboration between ESCI Region 3 Education Support Centres, Kilkenny Education Centre, Waterford Education Support Centre and Wexford Education Support Centre.
This webinar will explore;
- Relevant Circulars and Policy Documents related to Special Needs Assistants (SNAs),
- Implications for schools and staff of the new SNA allocation system under the 'School Inclusion Model’,
- Collaborative planning and review of student support,
- Developing systems for SNA record keeping, and
- Effective strategies SNAs can use to support students.
Dr. Celia Walsh
Dr. Celia Walsh is a former Special Education Teacher (SET), Primary Principal and Director of Waterford Education Support Centre. She completed her MSEN in Trinity College, Dublin, while her Doctoral research at Dublin City University examined the leadership and management of SEN provision in mainstream Primary schools. She lectures part-time in educational leadership at the University of Limerick, while also providing online CPD in SEN throughout the Education Support Centres Ireland (ESCI) network. Celia also supports and facilitates school staff in developing effective SEN policy and practice. Her areas of educational interest include teacher professional networks, promoting school inclusion and developing effective school leadership.
|Course date||08-11-2023 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||08-11-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-11-2023 10:00 am|
|Speaker||Dr. Celia Walsh, Ed. D. in SEN, Former SET, School Principal and Director of Waterford Education Support Centre|
|Location||Online (via Zoom)|