The Role of the Year Head in the Post Primary School Webinar Series
This webinar series is a collaboration between Kilkenny Education Centre and Wexford Education Support Centre.
This webinar series will take place over three evenings, Wednesday 12th October, Wednesday 19th October and Wednesday 26th October 2022, from 7p.m. each evening.
Webinar #1 - Wednesday 12th October 2022
- Support teachers in defining and establishing their role as Year Head,
- Help participants reflect on the current broader definitions of their leadership role.
Webinar #2 - Wednesday 19th October 2022
- Provide a range of template administration/support files,
- Support teachers in developing a strong Year Head and Class Tutor team
Webinar #3 - Wednesday 26th October 2022
- Offer a range of strategies to help teachers support an ethos of positive behaviour in their year group,
- Address the issue of responding to the challenges and support teachers of classes that may be challenging,
- Help teachers develop effective skills and skills for conflict management.
- To reflect on practice as Year Heads and for those aspiring to the role to gain insights and an understanding of the ethos and practice required, and
- To learn from a broad base of similar professionals from similar school contexts.
|Course date||12-10-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||26-10-2022 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||12-10-2022 12:00 pm|
|Location||Online (via Zoom)|