This Series will take place over six dates, from Monday 17th January - Monday 28th February 2022, from 4.15 - 4.45p.m. on each date. This Series promises to take users from the very beginning and aims to be practical in its nature.
Session #1 - Monday 17th January 2022
- How to access your Google Workspace,
- Layout of Gmail and how to send an email,
- Managing your email - labelling, staring and adding to tasks,
- How to use schedule send,
- Introduction to Google Drive and setting up folders, and
- Introduction to Google Classroom.
Session #2 - Monday 24th January 2022
Focus on Google Classroom
- How to invite students (e.g. sending the code to students, inviting them individually on the people stream, and adding a co-teacher)
- The importance of the classwork tab rather than the stream
- Using the stream for announcements and posting them/scheduling them,
- Setting up topics to organize your class,
- Moving topics around/filtering topics,
- Distributing class materials – 'the one for everyone in the audience' option,
- Reusing materials for another class,
- How to email your students from Google Classroom,
- Finding your material in google Drive,
- Global settings – how to enable/disable settings, and
- Archiving old classes.
Session #3 - Monday 31st January 2022
Working Collaboratively with Google Workspace
- Introduction to Google Slides, and
- Intoduction to Jamboards.
Session #4 - Monday 7th February 2022
Focus on Formative Assessment with Google Workspace
- Sharing learning intentions,
- Co-negotiating the success criteria with Jamboards,
- Using the question feature - formative questions, exit tickets, and
- Using the Jamboard to do KWL and other graphic organisers.
Session #5 - Monday 14th February 2022
Focus on Summative Assessment
- How to set up an assignment so that plagiarism is checked,
- How to see plagiarism in an assignment that has been turned in,
- Marking work in suggesting mode, using comment banks (and the #) and returning multiple at once,
- Downloading the mote extension and leaving voice feedback,
- How to set up a marking rubric,
- Using the rubric and reusing them across classes, and
- Using the explore icon - citations, images.
Session #6 - Monday 28th February 2022
Focus on Assessment with Google Quiz
- The basics of setting up a Google Quiz,
- Allowing a Quiz to self-mark
- Turning an old Form into a Quiz and using the document to form add-on.
Clare Wallace is an experienced Google Workspace Educator. She has led training in Google and other educational software for several years. Clare is currently a Deputy Principal in Coláiste Mhuire Co-Ed in Thurles.