Teachers Reading Group
The Teachers Reading Group is an informal group of teachers who meet on a monthly basis to discuss a book the group have read. The group meet under the stewardship of Larry Cotter, an English Teacher in St. Kieran's College. All are welcome!
The group started with two people in September 2007 and is growing steadily, and they recently celebrated 10 years reading together!
Some of the books read by the group:
- The Inheritance of Loss, Kiran Desai
- Everyman, Philip Roth
- The Gathering, Anne Enright
- Reading Lolita in Teheran, Anzar Nafisi
- Mr Pip, Lloyd Jones
- Desert Flower, Waris Derie
- The Stone Carvers, Jane Urquhart
- Julius Winsome, Gerard Donovan.
- How to be Good, Nick Hornby
- Zugzwang, Ronan Bennett
- Engelby, Sebastian Faulks
The next meeting of the Reading Group is as follows;