Kilkenny Education Centre is actively involved in a variety of National and Local Programmes;
- Accelerated Reader
- Mata sa Rang (Maths Recovery)
- Literacy Lift Off
- School Excellence Award (in conjunction with Waterford Institute of Technology)
- Aistear: The Early Childhood Curriculum Framework
- Primary School Debating Competition - In 2015-16, Concern joined with participating Education Centres throughout Ireland in facilitating debating.
Congratulations to Scoil Mhuire N.S., Gowran who won the Concern and Kilkenny Education Centre Primary School Debating Competition 2016-17 Final on Monday 29th May 2017.
- Something Fishy - 2014 website and 2015 website designed by Sixth Class students in Bennettsbridge Mixed N.S.
- Yeats Among Schoolchildren Art & Writing Competition - As a result of this Initiative, a book entitled The Magic Within was published and launched in The Clarion Hotel, Sligo!
- Mental Health Awareness Initiative (MHAI)
- Scríobh Leabhar
- Reading Recovery
- FíS (Film in Schools)
- SEAI Energy in Education
- 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 Teacher Primary Schools Science Project (in partnership with St. Patrick's College, Drumcondra and the Irish American Partnership)
- Biodiversity Training Project (in conjunction with the Heritage Office of Kilkenny County Council)
- Write a Poem - In 2014, the Write a Poem Initiative (in conjunction with the Heritage Office of Kilkenny County Council) resulted in almost 2,400 entries from students across Kilkenny, Carlow and Tipperary. Teachers and students across these three counties played a part in choosing poems for special mention, resulting in many of them being published in a Book and Calendar. We also added to this book some poetry from those submitted as part of the Write a Poem Initiative in 2013.
- Transition from Pre-School to Primary School (in conjunction with the Kilkenny County Childcare Committee) - As a result of this Initiative, a book entitled Starting School was published and launched in the Centre!
- Stepping into Kilkenny's History
- Biodiversity in Primary Schools - Kilkenny Education Centre and the Heritage Office of Kilkenny County Council worked collaboratively during Autumn/Winter 2015 to identify Primary Schools who wished to explore the issue of Biodiversity in their schools. We've noticed that many schools find planning biodiversity activities very daunting. However, it doesn't have to be a scary topic - click here to download a booklet detailing some quick and effective actions you can take. The purpose of this booklet is to help you select the topics that are best for your schools, guide you in the right direction in choosing projects to undertake and highlighting the best resources out there. We focus on five areas: Birds, Bugs, Mammals, Ponds and Wildflowers. This booklet was commissioned by the Heritage Office of Kilkenny County Council and Kilkenny Education Centre. It is based on a booklet originally created to help seven schools in Kilkenny taking part in the Biodiversity in Primary Schools Training Project.
- Kilkenny: Subjects to Citizens 1912-1923 website