Turning Over a New Leaf - Improving Personal and Professional Wellbeing
This course is FULLY BOOKED!
This course encourages teachers to take a holistic approach to caring for their own health and wellbeing and to promoting this with their students through the lens of the P.E. and SPHE curricula. Topics to be explored include preventative healthcare, nutrition and exercise, stress management, life coaching and goal setting including developing self-awareness, self-confidence and decision making. Participants will leave this course reenergised and refreshed with a clear plan of action to enable them to make positive changes to improve their own and their students’ health and wellbeing.
The programme has the following objectives:
- To introduce course participants to Preventative Healthcare, to explore how this impacts on their own health and wellbeing and how early preventative intervention can foster children’s health and wellbeing.
- To introduce participants to Life Coaching and its potential to support teachers and children to identify and set realistic personal and professional goals, understand emotional intelligence, motivation and the importance of achieving balance in our lives.
- To explore the importance of nutrition, food values, using food labels and understanding the dietary requirements at different ages. Participants will also explore the effect of diet on performance.
- To understand the importance of dealing with stress, identifying the causes of stress, sleep disorders, breaking and forming habits and building resilience.
- To explore the role of exercise in a balanced life and to develop a simple and sustainable exercise programmes. Participants will explore the importance of combining diet and exercise to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
Relevance of all the above topics to the content and objectives of the Primary School Curriculum will be highlighted.
Please Note: Participants are encouraged to have the results of a recent blood test and bring it to day one of the course. You are also encouraged to keep a food and drink diary for a week before the course. All discussions with individual participants will be confidential and in private.
This course is facilitated by Barrow Training and has a dedicated team of qualified, experienced personnel drawn from the fields of nursing, psychology, coaching and counselling, nutrition and exercise;
- Marian Manning, B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing, M.A. Social Policy
- Vicky Nolan, B.Sc. Hons. Human Nutrition, UCD
- Maureen Corr, Registered General Nurse (RGN), B.Sc. (Hons.) Psychology, Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Caoilte Malone: B.A. Hons. Exercise and Health Studies, W.I.T.
- Joe Manning: B.A. (Hons.) H. Dip. Ed; Advanced Diploma in Executive and Personal Coaching, ECSL; NUI Certificate in Training and Continuing Education, Maynooth; Certificate in HR Management, National College of Ireland; Post Graduate Certificate in Adult Guidance, NUI Maynooth
|Course date||02-07-2018 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||06-07-2018 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||02-07-2018 9:30 am|
|Speaker||Team of Professional Experts|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|