Teaching Science in the Primary Classroom (STEM)
This course will focus on ways to bring STEM subjects to life through fun, exciting and engaging activities and is an active participation course from the very beginning. The principle of 'learning through doing' is fundamental and the activites and resources explored are designed using low cost, readily available materials for real-world application in the Primary classroom. This course also provides teachers with detailed knowledge and understanding of the core scientific concepts across the Primary curriculum and will foster and develop a real interest and enthusiasm for teaching STEM subjects.
- Workshop based training involving 'hands-on' activities,
- Science concepts explained in a clear and straightforward way,
- Take home handouts with instructions of all activities and suggestions for integration with other subject areas,
- Classroom activities designed with low cost, readily available materials,
- Activities suitable for all class groups (Infants to Sixth Class).
|Course date||21-08-2017 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||25-08-2017 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||21-08-2017|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|