Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland: Peace Proms Preparation
If your school has registered to participate in Peace Proms in Kilkenny in 2018, this course is for you! On this course, teachers will:
- Engage in practical music making,
- Develop confidence, expertise and enjoyment of music through performance, so that they can involve their school in Peace Proms and other performance based activities with self-assurance,
- Experience music from different cultures, so that the "Peace Proms" Programme can be used to help raise awarenes of issues surrounding Racism, Peace and Reconciliation; Multiculturalism; Diversity and Inclusivity.
- Be equipped with the skills needed to deliver Peace Proms within their school.
Teachers will be trained in:
- Techniques to teach children to read music and improve music literacy - including notation and rhythm,
- Techniques for engaging children in music education in a fun and interesting way e.g. using music focus games and response games,
- Techniques to improve presentation and performance,
- Basic conducting,
- Interesting ways to introduce children to the instruments of the orchestra,
- Teaching the Peace Proms Choir Programme to performance level,
- Choreographing the songs and will actively participate in the production of a DVD of choreographed moves to accompany the songs.
Teachers who participate in this course will be the team leaders for Peace Proms within their school and they will be advised on managing their team, and delegation of roles, as well as managing their school group outside school.
Please Note: The venue has been changed to Seville Lodge, Callan Road, Kilkenny.
|Course date||03-07-2017 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||07-07-2017 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-07-2017|