Professional Support Team Training
This course is now FULLY BOOKED!
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to be an effective Professional Support Team (PST) member and to support and guide newly qualified teachers (NQTs) through the Induction process. The course is open to teachers who are interested in becoming Professional Support Team members and to teachers who are interested in mentoring newly qualified teachers.
Each participant must be fully registered with The Teaching Council and have five years teaching experience.
- Attendance at and completion of this course will not guarantee membership of a professional support team. Professional support team membership is at the discretion of the Principal.
- Participants are required to complete the full 20 hours of the course to be deemed a trained PST member.
Completion of the course will enable participants to:
- Foster professional relationships, mentor, support and engage NQTs and fellow experienced teachers in professional, reflective dialogue
- Conduct and organise classroom observations to enhance teaching and learning
- Monitor and review professional practice
- Set goals and action plan
- Advise NQTs in relation to planning, preparation and effective classroom management practices
- Reflect on their own professionalism and professional vision
- Deepen their commitment to ongoing professional development
- Become leaders of learning and improvement at school level.
|Course date||03-07-2017 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||07-07-2017 2:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-07-2017|
|Speaker||Orla Brennan and Martina Gately|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|