Managing Aggressive and Violent Behaviour in Primary Schools
This legal seminar deals with many controversial school issues and helps clarify some potentially grey areas, such as:
- What is the Law that relates to aggressive and violent behaviour and what do the Courts say about suspension/expulsion?
- Physical Interventions - what can school staff do?
- How can schools deal with aggressive behaviour from students and parents?
- How can schools deal with the issue of children absconding from schools?
- ASD classes - is the Law different for SEN children?
- The importance of recording, reporting and reviewing incidents.
- How can the BOM develop improved policies.
- What NOT to do during aggressive or violent incidents.
The seminar also deals with the education of children about aggression and violence. Educating and advising them in this regard is highly beneficial and reduces the incidence of aggressive behaviours in schools.
Suitable for Primary Principals and Teachers. BOM members are also invited to attend.
|Course date||07-03-2018 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||14-03-2018 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||07-03-2018|
|Speaker||Mark Dermody, Cara Training Consultancy|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|